HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The Office of Health and Human Services on Tuesday reported another veteran resident death at the Holyoke Soldiers’ Home, bring the death toll at the facility to 96.
Out of the 96 who passed away, 76 veteran residents tested positive for Covid-19, 17 others were negative and one remains unknown. HHS added that two veteran residents who had Covid-19 had recovered.
The veteran whose death was reported on Tuesday had recovered from Covid-19, according to the state. HHS report on Tuesday is below:
- 96 veteran resident deaths (76 positive, 17 negative, 1 unknown, 2 recovered)
- Today’s update includes the death of 1 veteran resident who had recovered from COVID-19
- Employees at the Home have been retested. There are only 2 positives remaining, and 4 inconclusive results, who will be retested.
All veteran residents have been retested at both the facility and at Holyoke Medical Center. The results are below:
Retesting results of all residents:
- 8 veteran residents are positive (across the Home and those at Holyoke Medical Center), and 2 results were inconclusive and are being treated as positive
- 118 residents tested negative
- 99 residents are onsite
- 29 residents are offsite
- 27 residents are at a dedicated skilled nursing unit at Holyoke Medical Center
- 2 residents are receiving acute care offsite
For the first time since the deadly COVID-19 outbreak at the Holyoke Soldiers’ Home, veterans were able to meet face to face with their families on Tuesday.
The Soldiers’ Home resumed outdoor visitation with restrictions Tuesday. Visitors must wear face masks and maintain six-feet of social distance from their loved ones.
The Soldiers’ Home retested all veterans and staff leading up to Tuesday’s visits and there are now just 8 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
If you’d like to schedule a visit, you can call the Soldiers’ Home at 413-552-4764.