SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Three people are without a home and two pets have died following a house fire on Parkside Street Thursday afternoon.

The Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad said the fire started from an electrical outlet malfunction on the first floor. A dog and a bird have died in the fire. The three people are being assisted by the Red Cross.

A photo shared by the Springfield Fire Department showing crews working to contain a fire through a first floor window. Heavy smoke could be seen coming through the window at the time of the fire.