House fire on Skeele Street in Chicopee

Hampden County

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A home in Chicopee’s Willimansett neighborhood was heavily damaged in a fire early Wednesday morning.

Chicopee Deputy Fire Chief Joseph Crevier told 22News the fire at 78 Skeele Street was reported at around 5:45 A.M. When firefighters got there, they found heavy fire coming from the building’s attic.

Crevier said the home’s three residents were not home at the time of the fire. They are now staying with family members.

Crevier said the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

PHOTOS: Fire on Skeele Street

MAP: Skeele Street in Chicopee

Viewer Video

Video sent to 22News from Arianna

22News is covering the story, and will bring you the latest information as it becomes available here on WWLP.com and on the 22News mobile app.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First
LIVE NOW /
Watch 22News at 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Trending Stories

Donate Today