SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – One Springfield resident brought the whole kit, kat and caboodle decorating his home this year.
Over-the-top decorations at 34 Cambridge Street in Springfield has earned some local attention. The witches, ghouls and skeletons are a long-time tradition for the house.
James Lafleur says he enjoys decorating the house, but it is more for the children.
“It’s about the children having a good time more than anything I care about. It is giving the children a fantasy and a safe one that really isn’t available most places now,” said Lafleur.
Lafleur also said the display is his way of giving back to the neighborhood this time of year.
- Student migration for Thanksgiving sparks new guidance
- Vaccine news gives hope to decimated convention sector
- Massport to cut workforce to match ‘1970s volumes’ of travelers
- Price cap will ease compact’s gas cost concerns, TCI supporter says
- Parental concerns emerge in poll on pandemic education models