Insulation fire at MassMutual in Springfield

Hampden County

Firefighters were called to a building on the MassMutual campus in Springfield Friday morning after sparks from a welding torch lit some insulation on fire.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman, Dennis Leger told 22News that welders were working in a stairwell in a building behind the main MassMutual building, when the sparks ignited the insulation.  He said there was a partial evacuation of the building where the fire was.
 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Watch Live 6:30PM June 19 on WWLP.com: 9/11 Monument Dedication

Editor's Pick

More Editor's Pick