Kitchen fire put out at apartment building in Springfield

Hampden County
kitchen fire_794928

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield firefighters put out a fire at an apartment in the city’s Six Corners neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.

According to Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger, the fire was found in the kitchen of a second floor apartment at 91-93 Pine Street around 2:43 p.m. It was determined that the fire started due to stove top cooking.

Leger said it caused an estimated $30,000 in damage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today