Kitchen house fire safely put out in Springfield

Hampden County

(Photo courtesy Springfield Fire Department)

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Springfield Fire Department safely put out a house fire in Springfield Friday.

Springfield Fire Captain Brian Tetreault told 22News officers were called to Pasco Road to find the fire in the kitchen on the second floor.

Tetreault said officers were able to extinguish the fire and no injuries were reported. 

The Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad determined the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today