Living room fire put out on Belmont Avenue

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield firefighters put out a fire at a multi-story home on Belmont Avenue Wednesday morning.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the fire at 702 Belmont Avenue was put out quickly with no injuries. It was found to be in the first floor living room area of the home.

Leger said the three adults and one child that live there were not home at the time of the fire.

It’s still unclear how the fire started, but the Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad and State Fire Marshal’s Office are continuing to look into the cause. Leger said the fire caused about $30,000 in damage.

The American Red Cross is now helping the victims.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories