EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – A business owner in East Longmeadow is using her social media influence to help animals suffering from those Australian bush fires.
Sarah McClelland runs a website specializing in STEM activities for young children. One of her team members lives in Australia – so she decided to create an Australian animal fun pack to sell in her shop.
It’s only $2 with all the proceeds going to a non-profit that helps animals in Australia. She told 22News she hopes her son learns from this experience.
“I want my son to know that you don’t have to be a professional athlete or a movie star to do something awesome. And sometimes it just starts with one person making a change.”Sarah McClelland
The activity pack includes I-spy, word searches, animal matching games, among others.
- Australia’s Wildfires: An In-Depth Look
- Local family crafting joey pouches for animals injured in Australian fires
- Courts for Kids president visits Springfield College
- Maintaining smoke alarms essential to fire safety
- Logan Airport to begin screening for coronavirus, UMass Amherst suspends study abroad program
- 22News Notebook for January 29th
- NTSB: Helicopter that killed Kobe Bryant did not have recommended warning system