Eight women were recognized Thursday for having a positive impact on their communities.
BusinessWest held its first annual recognition luncheon honoring “Women of Impact.”
Jean Canosa Albano was honored for her work advocating literacy. She told 22News, “It feels great, and lets me step into the footsteps of my mentors, my mother, my first inspiration.”
The seven other Women of Impact of 2018 were:
- Kerry Dietz, principal, Dietz Architects
- Denise Jordan, executive director, Springfield Housing Authority
- Gina Kos, executive director, Sunshine Village
- Carol Leary, president, Bay Path University
- Colleen Loveless, president and CEO, Revitalize Community Development Corp.
- Janis Santos, executive director, HCS Head Start
- Katie Allen Zobel, president and CEO, Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
22News morning anchor and I-Team reporter Tamara Sacharczyk co-hosted the awards luncheon.
Lt. Governor Karyn Polito attended to show her support for the first annual recognition event.