SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – A man was shot near the intersection of Huntington Street and Main Street Thursday afternoon.
According to Springfield Police Department spokesman Ryan Walsh, officers received a Shotspotter activation near the intersection and when they arrived they were informed that a gunshot victim with serious injuries was privately taken to Baystate Medical Center.
The Springfield Police Department Detectives Unit is investigating what led up to the shooting.
Friends and family of the victim gathered Thursday evening for reflection. They held what looked like a candlelight vigil on Bartlett Street in Springfield.
Police have not released the identity of the man or his condition. People attending the vigil didn’t talk to 22News.
We’ll continue to follow this story as we learn more details.
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Chicopee artist Austin Fair nominated for two Boston Music Awards
- Local Boys & Girls Club to host socially distant Halloween events
- 22News Notebook for October 29th
- Trunk or Treat event held in Springfield