HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Massachusetts’ First Lady Lauren Baker launched a fundraising event in Holyoke Tuesday afternoon to support the Wonderfund of Pioneer Valley.
The event was held at PeoplesBank’s newest location located on 1866 Northampton Street at 12:30 p.m. The Wonderfund’s annual drive organizes the donation and delivery of over 40,000 holiday gifts to children who are involved with the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families.
The Student Prince has partnered with PeoplesBank to help the Wonderfund 2019 Holiday Gift Drive. The Pioneer Valley Committee is led by Co-Chairs Andy Yee of the Bean Restaurant Group and Christine Phillips of PeoplesBank.
Donors who sign up will receive a wish list for the child they sponsor.
“They aren’t asking for much, a lego toy a book its really simple we want people to get on board with it and get excited about it and ultimately make a difference for local kids in the community,” said Christine Phillips, first vice president, human resources at PeoplesBank.
More than 45,000 children received toys through this gift drive last year. They’re hoping to exceed that goal this year and reach 50,000.
For more information visit Click here!
- Teenager arrested after stabbing two relatives at a home in Montague
- How recent wet weather has changed our rainfall deficit
- Baystate Health: No COVID-19 patients at Noble, Franklin hospital
- 15-year-old girl shot during Braintree shooting, suspect identified
- Two brothers facing charges after police recover illegal firearms in Springfield