SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad is looking into what led up to a fire on the 12th floor of an apartment building.
Springfield Fire Capt. Brian Tetreault told 22News that the sprinkler system went off on the 12th floor at 414 Chestnut Street, after a burning mattress was dragged out of an apartment and into the corridor shortly before 6:00 A.M.
No one was injured in the fire.
A stretch of Carew Street near the building was briefly closed by police while firefighters worked.
- Coalition of Attorneys General ask Congress to increase public housing funding
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Dashboard: 18 new deaths, 1,236 new cases
- Attorney General Merrick Garland honors Oklahoma City bombing victims on 26th anniversary
- Recycle the nip project formed by Pioneer Valley Virtual Lions Club
- Chicopee Housing Authority facing discrimination lawsuit by Feds