SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Mayor Sarno and Governor Charlie Baker kicked off Dr. Martin Luther King Day celebration in Springfield Monday morning.
According to a news release sent to 22News, the free event took place at the MassMutual Center at 11 a.m. The celebration was presented by Martin Luther King, Jr. Family Services, Community Music School of Springfield, D.R.E.A.M. Studio and Springfield College.
Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration in Springfield:
- Former MLB player and Holyoke native, Fran Healy, speaks at AIC
- Local financial advisor discusses what drop in stocks mean amid coronavirus outbreak
- Northampton to spread out $670K grant for community improvements
- Sanders faces attacks in Democrats’ debate-stage clash
- Ride-along with Springfield Police: How the new hands-free driving law is being enforced