CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A 50-year-old man has died following a motorcycle crash on I-391 in Chicopee early Monday morning.
According to State Police Trooper Brandon Doherty, troopers received a report of a crash on I-391 South near Exit 2 in Chicopee around 1:55 a.m. on Monday. When they arrived, they discovered a motorcycle had collided into the back of a stationary tractor trailer at a high rate of speed.
The motorcyclist, identified as 50-year-old Ariel Bobe of Springfield, died in the crash.
One lane on I-391 South was closed for several hours overnight following that crash. Our 22News crews could see several police cruisers as well as a motorcycle on its side.
State Police were assisted by Chicopee Fire and EMS. The crash is still being investigated by State Police.
So far this year, there have been eight people killed in deadly crashes in Chicopee.
- 10/9/23 – Motorcyclist, 50-year-old man, on I-391 S, Exit 2
- 10/2/23 – Woman driver on Chicopee Street
- 5/28/23 – Car fire on I-391, three people died:
- 24-year-old Jonathan Santiago of Springfield
- 23-year-old Karylee Lopez Moret of Springfield
- 25-year-old Angel Gabriel Rosado Colon of Holyoke
- 3/25/23 Car crashes into home on Montgomery Street, 13-year-old killed in the crash
- 2/16/23 Pedestrian hit on Chicopee and Florence Streets
- 2/12/23 Driver killed on Mass Pike, 42-year-old Coreena Torres of Palmer
WWLP-22News, an NBC affiliate, began broadcasting in 1953 by providing local news, network, syndicated, and local programming to western Massachusetts. Follow 22News on X @WWLP22News, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.