No injuries reported after chimney fire on Bruce Road in Granville

Hampden County
Granville fire logo_1548218387806.jpg.jpg

No injuries were reported after a chimney fire on Bruce Road Tuesday afternoon. 

Granville Fire officials told 22News the chimney fire was called in around 2:30 p.m. Responding crews saw heavy smoke coming from the chimney, but no fire was found.  

According to fire officials, heavy fire from the chimney was discovered after contents of woodstove and the interior chimney pipe were removed. 

The fire took up about 10-15 feet inside of the chimney. 

Crews on the roof as well as inside the house used a combination of dry chemical extinguisher, chains to knock out the debris, and a little bit of water to put out the fire. It took about an hour, fire officials said. 

Snow and ice on the yard and roof of the home with a combination of Tuesday’s cold temperatures made the job difficult for the firefighters, but no injuries were reported. 

The fire did not extend to the home. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Editor's Pick

More Editor's Pick