SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - A building on Sumner Avenue was evacuated after reports of a propane leak Wednesday evening.
Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News crews evacuated occupants inside the building at 963 Sumner Avenue after propane readings indicated 45 parts per million, making it unsafe.
Leger said the fire department waited for a propane company to arrive and identify the leak source.
According to Leger, the heating system was shut down till repairs were done Thursday morning.
It is unclear how many occupants were evacuated from the building.
West Springfield holds annual...
Local garden centers booming during...
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Local garden centers booming during Memorial Day weekend
- Western Mass. residents using Memorial Day weekend to enjoy the nice weather
- Longmeadow police warning residents to be cautious after bear sighting
- Two people injured in shooting on Blake St. in Springfield