SPRINGFIELD (WWLP) - One man was killed after he lost control of his truck in Springfield Sunday.
Massachusetts State Police received a report of the single-vehicle crash on I-291 Eastbound at Exit 4 at 8:40 PM. The driver lost control of the truck and traveled off the right side of the Exit 4 ramp, striking the guardrail.
According to Massachusetts State Police Media Relations, the driver was a 54-year-old man from Springfield.
He was taken to Baystate Medical Center where he later died.
State Police are still investigating what caused the crash.
The driver's identity will not be released until his family is notified.
- Major street flooding in Westfield caused by Tuesday's heavy rain
- Mass notifications sent out Tuesday by National Weather Service for severe weather
- Lightning strikes tree, metal fence carries charge to Wilbraham home causing fire damage
- Westover sees huge dip in attendance at 2018 air and space show
Copyright 2018 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lab-grown meat could be in restaurants in 3 years
- Arrest brings Texas killing spree to end
- Boy left behind at summer camp suffers heat exhaustion
- Alabama man walked 20 miles to work given boss' car