One person homeless after kitchen fire in Springfield

Hampden County

An apartment fire in Springfield Saturday afternoon left one person without a place to stay.

Springfield Fire was called to 14 Mattoon Street in Springfield around 4:45 p.m. Saturday afternoon to find a kitchen fire on the fourth floor of an apartment building.

Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Ledger told 22News, the fire started on the stove.

No one was hurt.

One person was left homeless, and the Red Cross is assisting,

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Editor's Pick

More Editor's Pick