One person taken to hospital after kitchen fire at Springfield home

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – One person was taken to the hospital with burn injuries after a kitchen fire at a home in the Indian Orchard area late Monday afternoon. 

According to Springfield fire officials, crews were called to 30 Milton Court for the kitchen fire around 5:11 p.m., which was quickly extinguished upon arrival.

A 52-year-old man suffered from smoke inhalation and first-degree burns to his right forearm. He was rushed to an area hospital for treatment. 

The Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad determined the cause of the fire to be unattended cooking. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

Trending Stories

Donate Today