Palmer High School students, staff let back inside after gas odor evacuation

Hampden County
palmer high school_189631

PALMER, Mass. (WWLP) – Palmer High School students and staff were evacuated Wednesday morning due to a gas odor.

Palmer Fire Lt. Sean Reynolds told 22News firefighters found that a gas line valve had been bumped, causing the smell of natural gas in a classroom. He said there were no readings on their meters, and that the area just had to be aired out.

All students and staff have been let back into their classrooms.

Palmer Fire Lt. John Fitzgerald told 22News they received the call for the gas odor at 7:30 a.m.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

Trending Stories

Donate Today