A Philadelphia man was arrested in West Springfield Monday afternoon on several drugs and firearms charges.
According to the West Springfield Police Department, police were called to 1500 Riverdale Street for a call of an unresponsive man.
Police said Maurice Nelson was arrested and is facing the following charges:
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of a firearm with defaced serial number used in the commission of a felony
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Improper storage of a firearm
- Possession of a class A drug
- Possession with intent to distribute a class B drug
- Possession with intent to distribute a class D drug
Upon arriving Nelson allegedly ignored police’s instruction and shouts from the window and door.
Police then entered through the door and took a handgun allegedly within reach of Nelson, who was sitting on a bed.
After placing Nelson under arrested the rest of the room was searched and officers located 124 grams of marijuana, 50 baggies of heroin, four rocks of crack cocaine, three bags containing seven grams of powder cocaine, one pack of black tar heroin, and eight grams of crystallized methamphetamine.