WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Another brick and mortar store is closing its doors for good.
Pioneer Valley Hobbies has been open for 25 years, specializing in model trains and accessories.
The owner, Dennis Gamelli, is retiring, saying times are changing and it’s tough to compete with online retailers.
Gamelli told 22News, “The interests of people are changing, not as many hobbyists as there used to be. It seems like the younger kids aren’t as interested as they used to be.”
Pioneer Valley Hobbies is one of the last model train stores here in western Massachusetts and is expected to close by mid-April.
- Dinosaur Train exhibit opens at Springfield Science Museum
- Commerce High School basketball players receive scholarships from Ronald J. Brace the 3rd Scholarship Fund
- PHOTOS: Driver Ryan Newman in serious condition after horrific wreck at Daytona
- 22News Notebook for February 18th
- Local real estate brokers seeing an increase in business due to mild temperatures