Power strip to blame for Monson house fire

Hampden County

MONSON, Mass. (WWLP) –  A power strip is believed to have caused a house fire that left four people homeless in Monson over the weekend.

Four homeless following Margaret Street fire in Monson

Monson Fire Chief Laurent McDonald told 22News the fire was contained to the kitchen at 12 Margaret Street, but there was a lot of damage.

Three cats and a dog were killed in the fire.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today

Contests and Sweepstakes