HOLYOKE, Mass (WWLP) – The Real Men Wear Pink campaign of western Massachusetts raised over $21,000 to support the American Cancer Society.
According to a news release sent to 22News, during October, 20 area leaders raised funds and encouraged community members to take action in the fight to end breast cancer.
Breast cancer affects everyone and According to the American Cancer Society, the estimates for breast cancer in men in the United States for 2019 are that about 2,670 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed and about 500 men will die from Breast Cancer.
There will be a celebration and networking event recognizing the Real Men Wear Pink Candidates on Wednesday, November 13 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Nadim’s in Springfield. No tickets required and donations are welcome.
The 2019 Real Men Wear Pink of western Massachusetts candidates are the following:
- American International College Baseball team
- American International College Hockey team
- Nadim Kashouh, Nadim’s Mediterranean Restaurant & Grill
- Jay Seyler, PeoplesBank
- Aaron Fay, Maxxtone & The Still Bar
- Justin Roberts, MassLive Media
- Alfonso Santaniello, the Creative Strategy Agency
- Robert Roy, RMG Wealth Management Group
- Dave Smith, H.L. Dempsey Co.
- Joel Cox, Town of Manchester
- Drew Hastings, 94.7 WMAS
- The Brew Crew, Co-Ed Softball Team
- Westfield State University Police Department
- Van Johnson, Raipher, P.C.
- Phil Sheridan, EMT Academy
- Viktor Boss, Pioneer Valley Transit Authority
- John Paglier, student
- Trevor Smith, Blue Sky Consulting and Training
- Darren James, Northwestern Mutual
- UMass Football