Roof fire near MGM casino complex in Springfield

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A fire on the roof of an eight story building on State Street in Springfield was caused by a malfunctioning air conditioning unit.

That’s according to Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger.

The fire started at around 7:30 p.m. Saturday night. Main and State Street were blocked off from the Red Rose Restaurant to Court Square.

The building at 101 State Street is next to MGM’s casino complex.

The fire was put out quickly.

Credit: Dennis Leger, Springfield Fire Department

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation
LIVE NOW /
Watch 22News at 10:00 p.m. on The CW Springfield

Trending Stories

Toys for Tots

More Toys for Tots