The Southwick community is mourning, following a deadly fire Saturday morning at a home where two people died.
Firefighters were called to the fire at a home on 13 Bugbee Road a little after 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
22News crew shot video of smoke billowing from miles away.
A neighbor told 22News, in the 26 years he’s lived in Southwick on Bugbee Road, he’s never seen anything like this.
Another neighbor, who lives down the road told 22News, a fire of this magnitude is rare.
“It’s definitely not something that happens anytime like recently,” Joshua Roy said.
Southwick Fire Chief Russ Anderson told 22News the house is a total loss.
Southwick Fire received help from Westfield Fire as well as the Suffield, Granby, and Connecticut fire departments.
“You know I don’t know what the cause of the fire, was but it’s really unfortunate,” Mike Hadley said.
The cause of the fire is being looked into.
The victims have not yet been identified.