Springfield boarding house evacuated due to gas leak

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A boarding house in Springfield’s Forest Park neighborhood had to be evacuated early Tuesday morning, due to a gas leak.

Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield fire commissioner, told 22News that residents of 758 Belmont Avenue had to clear the building at around 5:00 A.M. Leger said that the leak does not pose an immediate threat, but there were high levels of carbon monoxide reported.

Columbia Gas was called in to turn the gas line off.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Watch Live 7PM: Sunday Night Football

Toys for Tots

More Toys for Tots