Springfield firefighters quickly put out mobile home fire

Hampden County

(Springfield Fire Department)

SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – The Springfield Fire Department was called to a small fire beneath a home on Mobile Home Way early Wednesday morning.

Springfield Fire Department Captain Brian Tetreault told 22News, around 1:54 a.m. the fire department quickly put out a fire that was in a crawl space beneath a home on 85 Mobile Home Way in Springfield.

Captain Tetreault said the resident was not displaced and no injuries were reported.

The Springfield Arson & Bomb Squad determined the cause to be an overheated electrical wire which caused the insulation to smolder.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today