SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Police are investigating a shooting on Glendell Terrace in Springfield that left one person with serious injuries Wednesday night.
According to the Springfield Police Department, officers were called to the Glendell Terrace neighborhood just before 7 p.m., where they found the victim shot.
The victim was rushed to Baystate Medical Center. A 22News crew in the area at the time reported seeing at least four police cruisers on Glendell Terrace around 8:30 p.m.
Forensic investigators were also in the area assisting with the investigation. Detectives set up a bright light and blocked off the entrance of a home with yellow tape.
The police department’s Detective Bureau is working to determine who is responsible for the Wednesday night shooting.
- Grant Imahara, co-host of MythBusters and White Rabbit Project, dies at 49
- Weather Alert: More downpours and storms Tuesday
- What is contact tracing, and how does it work with COVID-19?
- What students are expected to do before heading back to school in fall
- Woman accused of killing husband in Ohio arrested in Las Vegas following nationwide search