SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Police are investigating a shooting on Glendell Terrace in Springfield that left one person with serious injuries Wednesday night.
According to the Springfield Police Department, officers were called to the Glendell Terrace neighborhood just before 7 p.m., where they found the victim shot.
The victim was rushed to Baystate Medical Center. A 22News crew in the area at the time reported seeing at least four police cruisers on Glendell Terrace around 8:30 p.m.
Forensic investigators were also in the area assisting with the investigation. Detectives set up a bright light and blocked off the entrance of a home with yellow tape.
The police department’s Detective Bureau is working to determine who is responsible for the Wednesday night shooting.
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses