Springfield woman homeless after kitchen fire on Parker Street

Hampden County

A Springfield woman is without a home after a kitchen fire on Parker Street early Wednesday evening.

Springfield fire officials told 22News the fire was reported around 6:10 p.m. at 16 ½ Parker Street.

Spokesman Denis Leger said firefighters found a second-floor kitchen fire that had spread through the second floor of the home, causing major damages.

Leger added that the fire was caused by unattended cooking.

The woman is being assisted by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation
LIVE NOW /
22News Morning Newscast

Trending Stories

Love Your Pet

More Love Your Pet