Student Prince thank Springfield firefighters after saving their restaurant

Hampden County
student prince fire_1551024694681.jfif.jpg

Springfield firefighters put out an electrical fire at the Student Prince Cafe and Fort restaurant Sunday morning. 

Springfield Fire Commissioner B.J Calvi told 22News they received a call of an electrical fire at the Student Prince around 9:45 a.m. Sunday morning.

Calvi said the fire caused smoke to fill the cafe’s basement and the building, but it didn’t cause any serious damage and no was hurt. 

Monday Student Prince Co-owner Peter Picknelly gave bagged lunches to the firefighters for their quick response and “saving their restaurant”. 

“The fire department was down there literally in minutes and they helped save a Springfield landmark and we are very appreciative the least we could do was to bring them lunch to show our appreciation for their hard work,” Picknelly said.

Calvi told 22News they were able to find the restaurant’s electric box quickly which was the key to stopping the fire from spreading.

The Student Prince Cafe and Fort restaurant resumed its normal hours on Monday. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

Trending Stories

Donate Today