Three people without a place to stay after fire on Suffolk St. in Holyoke

Hampden County

Three people are without a place to stay after a fire in Holyoke Sunday morning.  

According to Holyoke Fire Captain Kevin Cavagnac, firefighters were called to 210 Suffolk Street at 6 a.m. for a report of smoke coming from the residence.  

Cavagnac said the fire started in a bedroom on the first floor, and didn’t spread beyond the room. However, firefighters found that the fire did spread to some of the bedroom ceiling. 

The fire also caused smoke damage to the living room and the kitchen.  

No one was injured, but the three people who lived in the home are unable to return to the residence.  

Cavagnac said the fire was determined to be caused by a space heater. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today