Two people taken to hospital after unattended cooking in Springfield

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass, (WWLP) – Two residents were taken to the hospital after a small kitchen fire in Springfield Sunday night.

Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad Commander Captain Brian Tetreault told 22News a 13-year-old teenager and a 42-year-old woman were taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.

Captain Brian Tetreault said around 7:43 p.m., firefighters were called to 2 Lebanon Place for a report of a kitchen fire and were able to put it out.

The Springfield Arson & Bomb Squad determined that an unattended pan of cooking oil on the stove was the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories