WILBRAHAM, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters put out a fire at a vacant home on Springfield Street in Wilbraham Monday afternoon.
Wilbraham Fire Chief David F. Bourcier told 22News firefighters were called to the home after a passerby noticed smoke coming from the roof.
He said they discovered an electrical fire in a ceiling light in the attic that could have been smoldering for several days. Bourcier told 22News mice might have gotten to the frayed wiring.
The chief estimated that the home has been vacant for about two years.
Springfield Street was temporarily closed from Stony Hill Road to Colonial Road while crews put out the fire.