Woman taken to hospital after kitchen fire on Oak St. in Springfield

Hampden County

A woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in Indian Orchard Thursday night. 

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News crews were called to 312 Oak Street in the Indian Orchard section of the city where they found a small kitchen fire around 8:32 p.m. 

Firefighters quickly put the fire out and rushed the woman to Baystate Medical Center. 

Leger said the Arson and Bomb Squad unit determined stovetop cooking was the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today