EASTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – Fire crews responded Thursday morning to fire alarms on Union Street in Easthampton.
Responders found a small fire in the basement of a house. Authorities reported that residents of the building were unaware of the fire as they thought the alarm was caused by dust from a nearby worksite. Easthampton Fire Department issued a statement reminding community members to always follow proper protocols when residents hear a fire alarm go off.
No injuries were reported from the incident.