WILLIAMSBURG, Mass. (WWLP) – A man was arrested in Williamsburg Saturday night for trafficking drugs after police pulled his vehicle over for a traffic stop.
According to Williamsburg Police Department, police pulled the vehicle over on Route 9 around 9:30 p.m. Saturday for a lights violation. The driver was unable to provide a driver’s license and the officer discovered his right to operated a vehicle was suspended.
During an inventory check of the vehicle, officers found 1,850 bags of heroin and approximately 60 grams of cocaine inside a backpack. The 23-year-old man was arraigned in Northampton District Court Monday morning for the following charges:
- Cocaine, trafficking in, 36 grams or more
- Heroin, trafficking in 36 grams or more
- Drug, possess to distribute class A
- Drug, posses to distribute class B
- License suspended, operate motor vehicle with
- Motor vehicle lights violation
- No license in possession