BELCHERTOWN, Mass. (WWLP) – The Big E fairs continues its run but the Belchertown Fair will also be held this weekend! Here is a look at some events that are happening this weekend.
The Big E: September 15 – October 1
The Big E is best known for its fair foods, arts and crafts, state buildings, Mardi Gras floats parade, rides, agricultural events, and music performances!
Here’s when the fair and buildings open:
- The gates open at 8:00 a.m. every day.
- The Big E Bakery is open from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.
- The Buildings and Craft Common is open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- The Avenue of States and Storrowton Village Museum & Shops is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The New England Center is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The Midway is open Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Belchertown Fair – September 22-24
- Where: 2 Park St, Belchertown, MA
- Friday, September 22: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 24: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Other events happening this weekend:
DoozyDo Parade in Northampton – A parade through Northampton to celebrate the community will start at 11:00 a.m. Saturday on Hawley Street and end at Pulaski Park.
UMass Sunwheel Autumnal Equinox – Saturday is the first day of fall. UMass is inviting the community to the standing stones on campus to observe the sunrise and sunset.
Stopping Stones Memorial – This Saturday, the Porter-Phelps-Huntington Museum is hosting an event to remember six people who were enslaved during the 18th century at the Porter-Phelps farmstead in Hadley. The event will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 130 River Drive in Hadley.
Source to Sea Cleanup – Connecticut River Conservancy is asking for people to help clean up the Connecticut River on Saturday. Anyone interested in participating can safely pick up trash anywhere along the 410-mile long river.
Monson Savings Bank will be holding a free shredding event Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at 136 West Street in Ware.
BankESB will be holding a free shredding event Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at 241 Northampton Street in Easthampton.
Freedom Credit Union will be holding a free shredding event Saturday beginning at 9:10 a.m. at the Pioneer Valley Indoor Karting (10 West Street, West Hatfield). Another shredding event will begin at 11:00 a.m. at 74 Main Street in Greenfield.
WWLP-22News, an NBC affiliate, began broadcasting in 1953 by providing local news, network, syndicated, and local programming to western Massachusetts. Follow 22News on X @WWLP22News, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.