People living in Ware raised their concerns about their tap water at a town selectboard meeting Tuesday night.
Ware’s town manager says despite the off-putting color, the water is just discolored from rust and sediment.
He says rust and sediment got into the water in the first place from flow tests at businesses and from water used to fight brush fires.
Even though it’s not harmful town manager Stuart Beckley says he understands people not wanting to drink or bathe in it.
Ware’s town manager says the town will be testing the water Thursday, but it will most likely make the issue worse before it gets better.
In the long-term, a $6,000,000 water treatment plant that will be done next year and replacing of aging pipes should fix the discolored water.
Ware Water Continuing Coverage:
- Is Ware’s brown tap water safe to drink?
- Residents bring awareness to brown tap water at Tuesday’s select board meeting
- Ware residents voice concerns about dirty water
- Ware water supply to undergo testing
- Water Consumer Confidence Report (TownofWare.com)
- Water System Master Plan (TownofWare.com)
- Additional Links (TownofWare.com)