SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) — The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for scattered downpours and storms possible this evening. A few storms may be strong/severe with gusty winds and small hail. Downpours may lead to street flooding.
While the worst of the severe weather may be over, there is still a chance for scattered showers and storms this evening. If another severe storm pops up, the threat again would be hail and damaging wind gusts.
The later we get in the evening, the lower our chances for rain and storms. Overnight we’ll be partly cloudy with lows in the low 60s.
While severe storms are possible, our main concern today is for street flooding caused by heavy downpours.
Stay with the 22News Storm Team as we track the potential for some needed rain that may come too quickly in some areas.
Storm damage: Photos, videos, damages reported by professionals and residents
- 6:28 PM – Monson: Wind damage, tree, and wires down on upper Palmer Road
- 6:30 PM – Monson: Multiple trees down on wires and part of a pole taken down on Brimfield Road at Crest Road
- 6:31 PM – Monson: Wires down from three fallen trees on Crest Road
- 6:35 PM – Monson: Tree down at 20 Town Farm Road, which is blocking the road
- 7 PM – Brimfield: Large branch down on old Palmer Road
- 8 PM – Monson: The Monson Police Department has received several reports involving trees and/or wires down on Upper Palmer Rd, Stebbins Rd, Town Farm Rd, Brimfield Rd, and this one on Crest Rd. Drivers should expect delays and remain vigilant for other road hazards that have not been reported to us yet.
- 8:40 PM – Blandford: Large tree down, partially blocking Gibbs Road, Route 23 near the highway garage