CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Sunday, August 13 is National Filet Mignon Day!
According to the National Day Calander, a filet mignon is a steak that is taken from the smaller end of the tenderloin of the beef carcass. Filet mignon is French for “cute fillet” or “dainty fillet” and might be called filet de boeuf, which means beef fillet in English.
Since the filet mignon is from the most tender portion of the tenderloin, it is one of the most prized cuts of beef. It is commonly cut into 1-inch to 2-inch thick portions, grilled, and then served as is, so where can you get the best one?
Yelp has put together a list of the top places to get filet mignon in western Massachusetts.
- Mulinos– 41 Strong Avenue, Northampton
- Cal’s ood-Fired Grill & Wine Bar– 1068 Riverdale Street, West Springfield
- Center Square Grill– 84 Center Square, East Longmeadow
- The Whately Inn– 193 Chestnut Plain Road, Whately
- Cafe Triskele– 150 Main Street, Lee
- Blue Heron Restaurant– 112 N Main Street, Sunderland
- Caminito Steakhouse– 7 Old South Street, Northampton
- Bistro 63– 63 N Pleasant Street Monkey Bar & Grill, Amherst
- The Federal– 135 Cooper Street, Agawam
- 30 Boltwood– 30 Boltwood Avenue, Amherst
Yelp, a ratings and reviews site, put together the list by evaluating all of the Massachusetts restaurants with pasta on its platform on several factors, including the number and quality of ratings.
WWLP-22News, an NBC affiliate, began broadcasting in March 1953 providing local news, network, syndicated, and local programming to western Massachusetts. Follow 22News on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram