(WWLP) – Wednesday, January 4th is also National Spaghetti Day!
If you watched TV in the 1970s, you’ll remember that Wednesday was Prince Spaghetti Day. In the famous commercial, Antony ran home through the North End of Boston every Wednesday because his mother was making Prince spaghetti. Prince Pasta was founded in Boston in 1912.
22News narrowed the list to the top 10 best places to get pasta in western Massachusetts, according to Yelp:
- Joe’s Cafe & Spaghetti House: 33 Market St. in Northampton
- Pasta E Basta: 26 Main St. in Amherst
- Emma’s Everyday Gourmet: 45 Washington St. in Westfield
- Frankie’s Ristorante Italiano: 80 Main St. in Lenox
- Johnny’s Tavern: 30 Boltwood Walk in Amherst
- Highland Restaurant: 100 Fenn St. in Pittsfield
- Family Pizzeria and Restaurant: 715 Sumner Ave. in Springfield
- Terrazza: 244 Country Club Rd. in Greenfield
- Papa Joe’s Ristorante & Pizzeria: 107 Newell St. in Pittsfield
- Millie’s Kitchen: 1029 N Rd in Westfield
Yelp, a ratings and reviews site, put together the list by evaluating all of the Massachusetts restaurants with pasta on its platform on several factors, including the number and quality of ratings.