CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Communities from Chicopee to Pelham continue to clean up from Wednesday’s damaging severe weather.
Brief but strong storms rolled through western Massachusetts with wind gusts from 50 – 75mph that brought widespread power outages and tree damage to the area. Thursday won’t be as windy, but it will be breezy with gusts occasionally over 30 mph, especially over higher hills. Skies will be mostly sunny with high temperatures roughly 10 degrees colder than yesterday as we only reach near 60º today.
The breeze and dry air will bring high brush fire risks today, so make sure you’re disposing of smoking materials appropriately.
- Thousands still without power in western Massachusetts after Wednesday’s storm
- Westfield hit hard by another strong storm, clean up underway
- ‘I thought a tornado was here,’ Chicopee resident says after storm
- Storm damage cleanup in Springfield could last days
- Longmeadow, Easthampton, Greenfield see heavy damage after storms
- Thousands without power after strong storms move through western Massachusetts