(WWLP) – Preliminary elections are being held Tuesday in Chicopee and Northampton.
Chicopee – September 17
Mayor Richard Kos is not running for another two-year term in office, leaving the mayor’s seat open for the first time since Kos left the office for the first time back in 2003. Running to replace him are former police officer Joe Morissette, City Council President John Vieau, and former Mayor Michael Bissonnette. The top two finishers will move on to the November election.
City Council, Ward 3
John Vieau’s decision to run for mayor leaves his Ward 3 council seat open. Running to replace him are W. Kaween Fernando, Lucjan Galecki, and Scott Maziarz. The top two finishers will move on to the general election.
Northampton – September 17
City Council, Ward 7
The only preliminary election necessary in Northampton is the one for City Council in Ward 7. Penny Geis, Hanuman Goleman, and Rachel Maiore are running to replace Alisa Klein, who is not running for re-election. The top two candidates will move on to November.
- Planet Fitness hosts grand opening at Holyoke Mall
- School funding law leads Baker to propose $304M in new aid
- Marty celebrates first birthday at Stop & Shops across western Massachusetts
- Next Step: Roof trusses to be placed on Harmony House in Chicopee
- Medical Examiner identifies one of two bodies found in at site of Sunday’s Diamond Head tragedy