SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) – South Hadley Police rescued a dog who had fallen off of the Mueller Bridge and into the river on Thursday.
According to South Hadley Police Sgt. Whelihan, the dog ran onto the bridge flipped between the rail and fell into the river.
Officer Fleming and South Hadley resident Christopher Thompson were able to rescue the dog using his boat.
South Hadley Police said the dog is doing well and was taken to the VCA vet on Newton Street by Fire District 1.
PHOTOS: Dog recused from Connecticut River
- UMass Amherst vaccination clinic open for additional week to help distribute COVID-19 vaccines
- MLK Jr. Community Presbyterian Church reflects on their role in the community on MLK Jr. Day
- Former 22News producer of “Skier’s Corner” and Mt. Tom Ski Area manager dies at 90
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Timeline and information for getting the COVID-19 vaccine in Massachusetts