WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – It’s Salute to West Springfield Day at The Big E fairgrounds featuring performances from the West Springfield High School band.
In addition, Monday’s musical performances will include Alley Cats from 12 tp 12:30 p.m., Young@Heart Chorus from 2 to 2:30 p.m., and The Yardbirds from 8 to 9:30 p.m. at the Court of Honor Stage. At the E-Stage, it’s The Penniless Wild from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and Sweet Daddy Cool Breeze from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
“We usually go, we’re from Connecticut,” said Patricia. “Look around and enjoy ourselves, just eat and have a good time.”
It was a huge weekend in the fair’s return, opening day saw more than 87,000 visitors, with 114,000 more on Saturday and nearly 85,000 on Sunday, which is actually more people than the first three days of the Big E in 2021.
The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for Monday afternoon and evening for the potential of strong to severe thunderstorms.Some storms could be strong to severe with strong gusty winds, hail and heavy rain.
“My wife and I, we go to the state buildings, you’re dealing with a trucker, leave the umbrella in the car,” said David Pierreponte of Belchertown.
However, even a rainy day at the fair can still be an eventful day! The Big E offers half a million square feet of space under cover for rainy days with more than 40 buildings, including the Avenue of States and Storrowton Village. The Court of Honor Stage has a canopy to help keep fairgoers dry while enjoying a show.
When is my state/town day at The Big E?
Each day at the Big E honors something specific. Here are all the special and state days this year:
- Friday, September 16 – Be A Kid For A Day/Military Appreciation Day
- Saturday, September 17 – 4-H & FFA Day/Maine Day
- Sunday, September 18 – Storrowton Day
- Monday, September 19 – Salute to West Springfield
- Tuesday, September 20 – Rhode Island Day/Salute to Holyoke
- Wednesday, September 21 – Connecticut Day
- Thursday, September 22 – Massachusetts Day
- Friday, September 23 – New Hampshire Day
- Saturday, September 24 – Vermont Day
- Sunday, September 25 – Grange Day/Chocolate Milk Day
- Monday, September 26 – Salute to Springfield
- Tuesday, September 27 – Salute to Chicopee
- Wednesday, September 28 – Salute to Agawam
- Thursday, September 29 – Salute to Westfield
- Friday, September 30 – Harvest New England Day
- Saturday, October 1 – October Fun Day
- Sunday, October 2 – Salute to Special Olympics