CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The annual Toys for Tots campaign at 22News is welcoming donations Friday until 7 p.m.
The Marines desperately need to fulfill some toy requests. They are bringing a truck today to take some of the toys from our lobby. Due to the extremely high demand for toys this year, many more toys are needed!
Through December 16, toy donors are welcome to the 22News lobby to bring gifts that children in western Massachusetts will treasure. Families were in and our of our lobby all day ton Friday, the deadline is Monday evening.
Because there are many more children in need this year, the U.S. Marines began picking up some toys today to begin early deliveries to children through hundreds of social service agencies throughout Western Massachusetts.
“So last year we assisted about 21,000 children,” said Sgt. Michael Vopal. “This year over 74,000 so it’s such a big increase this year, we got a jump and started coming in earlier to pick up some toys so we can support them.”
To reach this year’s goal of providing toys for the 74,000 children in need, we need your help. You’re urged to drop off your gifts at the 22News Toys for Tots lobby from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, and all day Monday on our final day.
The Marines will pick them up at 7 a.m.Tuesday.
Visit our lobby at 1 Broadcast Center in Chicopee to donate your new, unwrapped toys at any of the dates and times below:
- 12/13: 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 12/14 and 12/15: 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Last Day is Monday 12/16: 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
The deadline for families in need to sign up for this year’s Toys for Tots was November 16, 2019.
All toy donations stay in western Massachusetts.
- Simon Cowell injures back while testing electric bicycle
- Mass State Trooper, another man injured in highway crashes
- Section of St. James Avenue in Springfield closed after car accident
- Belchertown High School hosts virtual Relay for Life
- Latest: COVID-19 cases continue to spike as MA schools plan for fall opening