CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Last week it was hot with temperatures up in the 90s but it has been more comfortable this week with temperatures in the 80s.
The average high temperature for this time of year at Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee is 84 degrees and our average low temperature is 62 degrees. Temperatures were in the 90s last week and our heat wave lasted for six days.
It was more seasonable this week but as we take a look at the 8 to 14-day temperature outlook, it’s looking very hot over the middle of the country and hot in the Northeast as well. Temperatures could be back up into the 90s over the next couple of weeks.
We could use some rain, right now most of western Massachusetts continues to be in the moderate drought category. The precipitation outlook is looking very dry over the middle of the country and it looks like over the next 8 to 14 days it stays dry here in the Northeast.
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is. With WWLP mobile apps, you can be in the know, but choose to focus and limit your notifications to what you care about.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7 Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team