CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Many across western Massachusetts saw a big relief from the heat and humidity Tuesday.
As we are now in the middle of the summer you have probably heard the term dew point a lot when it comes to humidity. The dew point is the temperature to which air must be cooled to become saturated with water vapor.
The more water vapor in the air, the higher the dew point and humidity will be which is why the air can feel so sticky and heavy during the summertime. Usually, a comfortable dew point is 60 degrees and less.
When we see dew points over 70 degrees, it is very humid and that is when it starts to feel very tropical outside.
Current Dew Point
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is. With WWLP mobile apps, you can be in the know, but choose to focus and limit your notifications to what you care about.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7 Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team